Monday, April 24, 2006

MEMORIES

How's that for a slim version of me ?Some of you have probably never seen me that slim and most of you, including me , have forgotten. Mind you ,it was 1960!!!Vicki found it on an Old Fairbridgeans site. She went there for a drive yesterday but did not go in as there was a Country Music Festival on. I actually have that photo as well.We must try & arrange a Family Picnic there one day. I taught there in 1959 and 1960.It was very hard but we had a young staff and lived on the farm during the week. I taught years 1-4 plus all girls for sewing and sport.Staff included the Home Science & Tech staff from Pinjarra High school and we all gave each other a great deal of support.We were all in relationships outside so we were able to be great friends .We had a wonderful couple of years and it was certainly a learning situation.I am still in touch with Maureen (Marilla) but often do wonder where the others are now. The kids really touched our hearts and Maureen and I often took some home for holidays, to have them in a family situation.

No comments: