Friday, November 24, 2006

My FRIENDS

Oh it is good to have friends.Mine were booked to go out to lunch on Dec 6th but I had to pull out because of my eye operation. Now they have decide they do not want to go without me and will go in January instead. That was just so nice, I was quite emotional over it and thanked them for it too.Here is my public Thank You. I have had 2 weeks fairly easy because Vicki has had 2 weeks off work, Dr's order because the boss had caused a bit of a stress situation over Vicki needing to reduce hours of work.She goes to her new branch next week.I have been very busy organizing my Christmas things, (yes, I cooked my Xmas cakes and some shortbread too),doing some very necessary library work and lobbying for people to stand for the Residents Committee in the village because only an election will give them the choice of people they want.I typed out a few of the profiles to help those willing to stand. As well we needed to persuade some of the newer residents to stand and fortunately we did.Elections are on the 30th. Scott had his knee operation and he is walking already. We are amazed because when Trev had his done ,many years ago, he had to stay in bed and then rest for weeks. I have had a walk nearly every day and my dear little Mac has had a walk quite often too and he is really looking trim. The kids are coming for lunch on Sunday and putting up the Xmas lights that I can't get up on the ladder for. They come in handy eh? But it is always nice to have them. Trev has started his first lawn bowling lessons here at the village. The green is officially being opened on Dec 3rd.

Lastly, my family in Holland, I wonder if any of them still look at this because I don't hear much from them. The idea of this was to inform friends and family (like the ones in the US too!!!!) ,it is a much more interesting way of doing so , though I realise, not personal.Let me know if you want me to email you personally instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Een kort bericht in het nederlands. Ik ben Theo Draaijer, zoon van Clara Draaijer-Feenstra. Leuk iets van jullie te lezen en te zien, zal zeker vaker jullie blog bekijken (en reageren).
Wens jullie een goed en gezond 2007!

Theo en Hanneke Draaijer