Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Some Good Times

Time with the family is always a good time for me and we have certainly had our share in the past few weeks. It is one thing the old boy does not gripe about so doubly enjoyable. We started with an absolutely wonderful dinner at the Roxby (or Roxby's ? ) at Willeton. It is a Thai Restaurant but also serves european dishes so there is something to please everyone. Trev, Travis and the kids had things like steak and Parmegana while Karen, Jo, Scott, Vicki and myself shared Thai food. The 5 dishes each had their distinctive taste and it was an epicurian delight. Slightly more expensive than our normal treats but not TOO expensive. That was Friday the 5th, to celebrate Scott's 40th B'day. On the 6th we went all the way into the Swan Valley for a sausage sizzle and 7o's party to celebrate Ryan's 30th.Kelly and he have a nice Granny flat next to Ryan's parents house. Everyone dressed appropriately and it was amazing what they came up with. My favourites were Rick and family. He was the Bagwan (from the orange people)and she had striped velvet pants and shirt with scarves in the girl's hair they made a good 70's family. There were some good wigs and suits and Ryan looked good.On the Sunday Viv & Mick visited , still for Trev's birthday and their company is always nice too.Had just made some mulberry pies and slices as I found just the biggest Mulberry tree on one of my walking treks. It brough back some memories as Nanny & Pop Branch had a mulberry tree from which fruit I always made mulberry pies. I still see the boys as youngsters, absolutely covered in mulberry juice because they also used the fruit to bombard each other. Johnny Howard finally announced the election for November 24th. We went to Kristy's for the Xmas draw and on Saturday we had a nice Island Party at Nanny & Geoff's to celebrate Geoff's and Johari's Birthdays. Food was lovely thanks Nanny. The following day we had the Birthday bash at the village, Rick & family and Nanny & Geoff came for that. The coffee machine blew up which caused a big backlog but the girls managed very well. I worked on the craft stall because I worked in the cafe on Saturday. The stall went well but we had far too much stuff. Had 2 of the kids at their place yesterday and I took them for a long walk and then they had a swim as Zoe's friend came back with her after Zoe played there. Today bought some jeans for Trev for our trip at the Belmont shopping Centre and went to pick up my lotto syndicate winning. Wish I'd been there when they sold the first prize that day but I got a whole $1.70!!!!! Now we have just less than 2 weeks before our trip, it can't come soon enough. They've just released the Arcadia calender, gosh it is just great and I'm even in it and so is Caitlyn. Really would like to buy some more, if the boy lets me.Have taken some photos of the grandies to show they are growing up, will publish later. That's it , better get on home.

No comments: