Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Brook near the Cubbyhouse

The Brook, the plantings and Mac.
Although I really don't enjoy it like I used to, I have been trying to get back to walking. It is some mornings, not most mornings. The weather has not helped, it is cold and often raining,The old bones don't like it and I seem to get more puffed, which, after all the walking I did in Europe surprises me because you would think that a strengthening exercise. It annoys the hell out of me because I used to love my walks.
The Brook actually has flowing water in it once again. What is really nice , is that it has been made into a multi use reserve to preserve its aboriginal and natural elements. Lots of trees and shrubs were planted and I guessed it was around 20 000. Not a bad guess, I asked the leading hand there last week, yes, 22 435. That is a wonderful effort and even if only half of them were to survive, that is still great. Let's hope more make it into adulthood.

No comments: