Monday, June 05, 2006

Foundation day

Foundation Day Holiday today ,that is to celebrate the settling by Europeans of Western Australia.The year was 1827 so , it's been a while. Not a great deal of happenings . Mostly the reorganization of my life. Vicki was asked to work 41/2 days a week ,which financially she could not refuse and also because then it might not be available when she was ready. Consequently Trev and I decided that we would cope with the babysitting and to and from school runs , between us. We thought Caitlyn was too small to go to childcare just now, so wait till next year or perhaps try the 1/2 day when the new Childcare centre is open. Thus, on this long weekend I cleared up some of the Welcome Committee work and now we'll just have the ongoing new residents to go. I also did a good bit of work in the Library. All the books have been re-shelved ,as we were given 2 sets of shelves and I have accessed a great load of books and will ask the others to shelf them.I'll have to take some pics of my library and post them. I guess it is a good thing I don't get up-tight anymore, just take it as I go and I think I still get loads of stuff done. Here's a close-up (Karen's work ofcourse) of the Missy I'll be minding full time. Sarah is just 2 days and Zoe & Riley 1 or 2 days depending on Scott's shifts.

No comments: