Sunday, January 06, 2008

HELLO 2008

Frank,not at his best Rod with girl squaws


Rod. the butcher, provided and cooked the roasts. His carving was much admired.


Trev & others at Ina & Frank's for entre. The man at the right Karl. is a friend of Rod & Chris's,used to be Trevor's boss at Clipsal.



Another with Ina & others at the Frankens.




Well our New Year started with a sparkle and I hope that yours did too. We had a very enjoyable Progressive dinner with lovely ,quality food and a lot of fun along the way. We finished the evening by noisily entering the club and joining the dancing and frivolities there. We went home at 12.30, which was a record for the old boy Trevor but the others went on later.





I put a bit more than 2 kilos back on over the festive season but I did eat everything and enjoyed it immensely. Now have to work hard to lose it again unfortunately. However, my dog Mac and I are back on longer walks again and all the chocolates have gone from the cupboards and the shortbread is finished,that makes it a bit easier.We have walked every day because I have not had to babysit but that starts again this week.The kids are on ho;idays ofcourse so I'll have them all day. Bella & Sarah on Friday too. Howevere, I think that is what Omas were made for.





Next Sunday we have asked a couple of our neighbours for a meal.





Have had several emails about the value of honey and cinnamon lately and my arthritis has been really bad .So I have started the regimen of 2 spoons of honey & one of cinnamon before I go for a walk. God , I hope it works for I am pretty desperate.





Went to Dim Sum Lunch with Ina, Sheila and Val. That was really nice too. I really enjoy going out with the girls. Have one with the old Wackie girls on the 21st and love that also.





Temperatures here have varied from the late 20's to 40 degrees C and tomorrow will be another 40. Oh well, we have to take that along with the good days and we have really had some lovely days , making the early morning walks most enjoyable. Ofcourse, everyone is feeling quite jovial at this time of the year so when I walk there are many stops along the way ,talking with the other dogs and their owners.





The worst part of this time of the year is probably the bushfires and sadly a convoy of trucks was caught along the highway to Kalgoorlie and 3 men were burned . There were several houses , cars and sheds lost in the Perth foothills and a lot of arcreage burnt between us and Vicki & Travis's suburb but no loss of life there,thank goodness.





So now, here is 2008 and we hope that it will be a good one with much health and joy for everyone.

No comments: