Monday, January 28, 2008

NEW WALKS and CELEBRATING AUS. BIRTHDAY

Thank you to all those who were proud enough to celebrate this weekend.We've had a few hot days again are are often the hottest in the country. Today was a very mild 30.3.
On a sad note , the loss of Heath Ledger must have hit his family very badly . The bereavement notices were heartbreaking.





















I have discovered a lot of ways to walk around here. All the way around,down the middle (it has an axis of path with parkway on the side),down the middle and up the hill,down the middle ,past the mansions and into the dog zone. Today I went as far as crossing the main road to see Scott's old house. The new area in front of that is actually a little disappointing, no gardens or street parks yet. Mind you, the old house and several around it look pretty neglected too. The photos are of the axis path and sun setting over the trees here.
Then we had breakfast to celebrate Australia day. We went to Freo ,to the MIlls Bakehouse and it was very enjoyable and very reasonably priced .Service good and staff friendly. Kids enjoyed it too, they had pancakes,Karen & I , Eggs Benedict and the others big Breaky ( I think,).
Went back home today to Mahjong (I won again) and check emails and a bit of shopping. Not impresessed with our new favourite store, they also serve smokers before anyone else and that's discriminatory when we have stood in line for ages, as we had, these stores being one of the few open on a public holiday and thus VERY busy. I may have to formally complain.
I know she won't see this but Happy Birthaday Michelle. Card still coming.
Ger, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO. Your card is on the way. Must be the time for the G's as Gerda and Gwen also have a birthday. Riley boy has his on Friday He'll just be home and we'll see him for coffee and cake so also to our only Grandson, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. While I'm at it ,on the 5th we have our middle granddaughter turning 5 years also. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH. She starts big school this year,in pre-Primary.
Rick went fishing with Gary and so we are cooking that for them at home tomorrow. Kiah dog will miss me 'cause I also have to have a haircut and will stay home till after tea.But then my own Mac is missing me too so I'll be able to see him all day. (Yes he's only a dog, Vicki , but then your father does not seem to be missing me so I need SOMEONE to miss me.) I'll be back to not having the easy internet access on Thursday. Pity, I'll have to try & make more effort going to the clubhouse.

No comments: