Thursday, March 27, 2008

BIRTHDAYS

Actually got our tickets yesterday, will distribute them as soon as we have a note out about the bus, too valuable to look after all of them. More excitement. Had my stress test, waiting for results but that does Not look exciting.
Have just read on Karen's blog that son Rick and his mate Shane are already in Kalgoorlie. They left here just after midnight on Monday (by plane) and picked up a horse truck to drive home. 3 days from Brisbane, that's crazy. I told him not to drive like an idiot but did he listen to his Mum??? No, ofcourse not.
There were 3 bushfires again yesterday. 1 North of the river still has road closures and includes loss of a local museum and some houses. One South ,now contained, near where I used to teach and 1 right in the city of Melville,on Wireless Hill. Such a pity as much wildlife will be lost,let alone the damage and threat of life to people. We saw the wireless hill fire from Garden city yesterday and the water helicopters were constantly flying over. I still wonder, as others do, if controlled burning in spring would prevent some of these fires? even if deliberately lit, there would be less to burn.


Birthdays I forgot,though I did send e-cards, were Hyung, Ilke and Hazla,hope you had happy days. Did I say Happy Birthday Frank? Well to anyone who 's had a Birthday, all the Best.

No comments: